How I Cooked That Amazing looking Chicken!
Ok folks, I have been emailed and asked by several people about the picture I posted up on Flickr last night, the picture in question is of the chicken breast that I cooked with some ingredients that were left over in the fridge.
It’s probably one of the easiest things to make and it’s also really tasty.
So on to recipe and the ingredients this serves two.
- 2 Chicken Large Breasts
- 4 Rashers of Smokey Bacon
- 2 Medium Sized Chestnut Mushrooms
- Finely Chopped Mixed Herbs
- Grated Mature Cheddar Cheese (Enough to cover the top of the chicken)
Preparing the chicken
- Preheat your oven to 200c (400F, gas mark 6).
- Using a sharp knife make a large pocket in the each chicken breast.
- Finely dice the chestnut mushrooms and stuff these inside the chicken in the pocket that you have made.
- Rap each chicken breast with two rasher of the smokey bacon.
- Sprinkle over the mixed herbs (as much or as little as you like)
- Now sprinkle over the grated cheddar cheese.
- Wrap each chicken breast in silver foil and cook for 25 minutes
- Remove the top of the silver foil and return to the oven for 5 minutes to brown the bacon and cheese.
- Serve with crispy salad, a baked potato and enjoy.
- Eating Well Depends On These Ten Do’s And Don’ts For The Kitchen (blazingminds.co.uk)
- Chicken & Cheese Enchiladas (iguanaisle.wordpress.com)
- Monday Dinner: Chicken Burritos (a1dente.wordpress.com)
- Curried Chicken Vegetable Soup (reducedrecipe.wordpress.com)